Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let's Do 52...

Happy New Year!!!

Now that the holidays are over, I can really start focusing on getting our house together... finally. I promise I will be posting pictures of the house VERY soon, but for now, I want to introduce you guys to one of the new years resolutions I've made.

It's called Let's Do 52 and it's a project held by Paint the Moon Photography and blogger. Her photography is amazing and she also sells some really fantastic photoshop actions if you're in the market. As you know, I've decided to fulfill a dream I've always had and dive into the photography world. I haven't quite worked up the courage to a dive, though... I'm still swimming in the kiddie pool, but I'm getting there :)

One of my New Years resolutions is to really improve my photography and editing skills... learn new things whether by internet or by taking classes. I spent most of 2011 worrying about other people and everyone else's life that I lost track of my own and never took time out for me. Because of that, I'm using this photography project as a way to spend time on something I love to do and really enjoy the art of photography.

This is the first week of the project and I'm already excited. Basically, each week you are given two themes to choose from. You go out, take a picture based on the themes, edit it, and post it. The theme is not black and white by any means and can be interpreted in any way you want it to be. This project is really about finding out YOUR style and it's really based around YOU and not throwing you into a little box. This week, the two themes were Sharing and Natural. This is the picture I submitted for this week's theme.

By the way... I know it says Jessica Ortiz Photography, but I have in no way created a business out of this. I put that on there only as a watermarking tool to keep people from stealing my images. That was the first thing that popped in my head so if you have a more creative idea, I'm all ears :)

I love this picture. Love love LOVE it! If you have children, you understand the beauty of this picture and why it falls under the "natural" theme. Actually, this picture just happens to fall into both themes. While I was out shooting for my niece's 1st birthday photo's, I decided to let her see the pictures I was taking. Realizing I had made a HUGE mistake in sharing my camera, I decided to hide the camera from her since her button pushing and prodding was getting a little out of hand. This was the result. I was in the middle of trying to get a family picture and she.just.broke.down. I felt terrible taking this shot, but now, I love it so much it's definitely become a favorite of mine.

As far as the theme, I decided to take the Natural theme a different way. Although natural tends to lean towards nature and landscapes, I thought this picture fit better into the theme than any landscape picture. The natural reaction to my not sharing my camera with her... it's just priceless. 

For those of you photographers that are interested in this project, you can click on the link I provided above to join. It's really easy and free. :) Here's a button to take you to the project as well... Enjoy!
52 Week Project Photo Paint the Moon Photoshop Actions PSE





No comments:

Post a Comment